What is love? Professing my theories… I always believe (or I don’t know if I should say believed) it’s an amalgamation of a lot of emotions put together. It’s mainly about the ease of comfort and compatibility that springs out of friendship between two people. In the long run, it could include compassion, affection, yearning and all the host of other things. But then when is one in love? Is it something I can fit into my drafted notion? Is it just comfort and compatibility? Will a person be able to see the bleep or the halo on or in the head?
Going into one of these conversations on one rainy night… I heard different notions on the theory of love. One the many that intrigued me is the concept of love – which is realized only when you miss a person. Bogs me..What is missing a person? The feeling of getting into a habit and suddenly having to break it? The feeling of missing a cigarette? The feeling of missing a door that existed in the hallway for 5 years and you walked past it everyday…and one fine morning did not find it there? Then you miss the door? How can you miss a person? Is it like your parent that you saw every single day of your life and then came back one day to realize they are no more? Or is it simply missing that person who entertained you? Is it the idle mind that craves entertainment that we can call ‘missing’? It’s not ridiculing the interpretations of missing..but it is my attempt to understand this complex feeling. Like the Taj Mahal built as a tomb in the memory of a beloved wife. Is that an ostentatious exhibition of a personal feeling? Os just an immortal expression of love for a life?
Before the philosopher in me takes a shot at answering these questions…I take leave. I prefer to exclude myself from these complex emotions of life and get back into my shell of obscurity and contempt and take it as it comes. Cheers!!
PS: This piece has resemblance to many conversations living and dead. It is purely not coincidental if you thought you discussed it. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment